Histology and Imaging
Histology Core Lab
The Histology Core Lab recently purchased a new tissue processor that can process up to 300 samples at one time. This new processor has 15 reagent bottles which are designed for less evaporation. The core lab is located in room A4-132 of the new translational research building. In addition to the new tissue processor, the lab is outfitted with state-of-the-art automated equipment that provides fast turnaround times.
The Histology Core Lab provides:
- Histology consumables (blades, slides, chemicals)
- Training on core lab equipment (e.g. microtome and cryostat)
- Protocol optimization
- Troubleshooting advice
- Do-it-yourself services
- Free equipment booking
The Histology Core Lab services are performed by Dr. Bao Ping Song. She offers a wealth of pathology knowledge to the research community. To drop off your samples, visit room A4-132 or call 604.875.2000 ext. 5699.
Imaging Suite: One Stop Microscopy Shop
Located on the 4th. floor in the new translational research building at A4-110, the Research Institute’s Imaging Suite is designed to provide dark workspaces for precise and sensitive microscopy imaging techniques.
The Imaging Core Lab has bundled three powerful microscopes and one image data analysis computer to provide our investigators with a centralized imaging shop.
In collaboration with CMMT, we also provide imaging service using:
- The innermost suite A4-110C houses two unique microscopy stations:
- The middle suite A4-110B houses Olympus BX61 Fluorescence and Bright Field Microscope.
- The closet houses image analysis PC with Image Pro 6.2 (also installable through the Research Institute network), Leica LAS AF offline and free software of ImageJ(Fiji).