To complete the process, follow the 4 simple steps below. If you have any questions or concerns please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Has a request for an Identification Card been submitted on your behalf? Identification cards must be obtained and made visible at all times when on the Oak Street Campus.
|Already registered as a Hospital Volunteer? The Onboarding process is not required |
Volunteer Registration - Select the appropriate volunteer package, download and complete.
1. Volunteer Registration Package
2. Mental Health Volunteers Package
- Selecting your package:
- Is your PI a Department of Psychiatry Faculty? If yes, please complete package 2.
- All other volunteers please complete package 1.
- Supervisor will need to complete the "Volunteer Assignment Outline," and provide signature to the package.
- Please review package with the volunteer supervisor prior to submission.
Criminal Record Check (CRC) - PHSA & UBC have mandated that all personnel are required to complete a CRC every five years.
Results from the CRC will be reported directly to BC Children's Hospital Research Institute's Administration Office, no notification will be forthcoming unless discrepancies are reported.
- Visit https://justice.gov.bc.ca/eCRC/ and enter the access code RCXES9X4YU
- Select ‘Request a New Criminal Record Check’ to continue
- Review the organization information and consent to the check
- Provide the personal information required and check the information for accuracy
- Verify your identify (questions will be based on your Canadian credit history) *For students under the age of 19, new to Canada or who have a limited credit history you may be required to verify your identity manually. Once prompted:
- print a copy of the ID Verification Form,
- have supervisor verify ID & provide a signature,
- volunteer to sign the last page, scan the document
- e-mail email@example.com to complete the process
- Print a copy of the final verification for your records (no e-mail confirmation will be sent)
Training Courses - The following 3 online courses are mandatory. Training should be completed on your first day and will take approximately 2 hours to complete. For more information refer to the PHSA LearningHub FAQs.
A. Accessing the Courses - To access the PHSA LearningHub you will need to sign up for an account as an 'Affiliate' with the 'Provincial Health Services Authority' to complete the training. No employee number is required.
B. Selecting the Courses:
Login to the PHSA LearningHub as a registered user.
PHSA Privacy & Confidentiality - Select 'Find a Course' and search 'Privacy & Confidentiality (All PHSA Agencies).' Click Register > Start Course to begin.
PHSA Fire Safety - Select 'Find a Course' and search 'Code Red - Fire Safety Training (Acute & Residential Facilities).' Click Register > Start Course to begin.
PHSA Respectful Workplace - Select 'Find a Course' and search 'Respectable Workplace - Fostering a Culture of Respect.' Click Register > Start Course to begin. If you have already taken the UBC Preventing and Addressing Bullying & Harassment, you are NOT REQUIRED to take the PHSA Respectful Workplace course. You will need to download, save, print/scan or capture a screen-shot of the certificate from your UBC CWL.
At the end of each module you will be required to take the 'End of Course Test.' A pass mark of 80% is required. You will also be required to accept the 'Confidentiality Acknowledgement.'
Accessing the Results - From the navigation bar select 'My Learning History' to access the course certificate (it may take up to 45 minutes for the certificate to become viewable). You will need to download, save, print/scan or capture a screen-shot of the certificate.
Submission - Copy the text in the box below into an email and insert/attached the relevant information. Please be sure to cc' the supervisor or lab manager.
Once the documentation has been received the ID & Security Access Request will be approved.
CC: <Supervisor or Lab Manager>
PI Name: <PI Name>
Supervisor: <Supervisor Name>
<Which Package was completed?>
<Attach Volunteer Application Package>
Criminal Record Check
Date Submitted: <Date Submitted>
I acknowledge the following training courses have been completed and have attached the necessary certificates. <Attach Certificates>
- PHSA Privacy & Confidentiality
- PHSA Fire Safety
- UBC Preventing and Addressing Bullying & Harassment OR PHSA Respectful Workshop
What happens next? Once the documentation has been received and processed you will receive a confirmation email and the ID & Security Access Request will be approved.
For more information on the opportunity and resources available, and to make sure your time onsite will be a productive and enriching learning experience, you're also encouraged to review the onsite orientation information.