Identification cards must be obtained by all new volunteers, students and trainees and must be made visible at all times when on the Oak Street Campus. Identification cards are the property of PHSA and must be returned to the BC Children's Hospital Research Institute Facilities Office (Room A1-141) at the end of the term.
Please note the new process for ID Cards on the Oak Street Campus:
Here less then 6 months?
An ID card with a photo will no longer be issued, a temporary ID card will be issued instead. Those with a temporary ID will also be required to carry identification, ie. student ID or BCID, at all times while onsite.
- Has the process for requesting an ID card changed? No, follow the steps below to request an ID card. The only change is a picture will not be taken.
- Will there be a fee for temporary IDs? No, but if the card is not returned at the end of the term or lost there will be a $20 charge.
Here more then 6 months?
ID cards now expire every year for trainees/staff and every five years for PIs/Directors. Be sure to make note of your ID expiry date and add a reminder to your calendar.
- How do I renew an ID card? One month prior to the ID card expiring, submit a ticket for Access Card Issues and Access Card Changes at https://support.bcchr.ca/
- What happens if I don't know when the ID card expires? Submit a ticket for Access Card Issues and Access Card Changes at https://support.bcchr.ca/
- What if the ID card expires? Contact Mary Anne at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the ID card number (on the back of the card) to have the card reactivated
Requesting an ID Card
The website below (https://support.bcchr.ca/) is a secured site. To access you must be on the Oak Street Campus or have a BC Children's Hospital Research Institute/PHSA Login. A research community member will need to help you facilitate the request.
- Visit https://support.bcchr.ca/, go to ‘ID and Security Access Request Form’ and download the ‘Photo ID Request Form’
- Complete the form fields (no need to print the form), go back to https://support.bcchr.ca/ and upload the form to ‘BC Children's Hospital Research Institute ID and Security Request Form’
- The person that submitted the request will be notified when the paperwork has been processed (paperwork is usually reviewed on Monday mornings)
- Once the paperwork has been processed, you will need to report to Room A1-141 to have the ID Photo taken or to pick-up your temporary ID card. Office hours are Tuesdays, 9:00-11:30am and Thursdays, 1:30-3:00pm.
- For those onsite more then 6 months, the form and picture will then be sent offsite for processing. The final ID card will be delivered to Room A1-141 within 5 business days. The person that submitted the request on your behalf will be notified when the badge is ready for pick-up
Returning an ID Card
ID cards can be returned anytime to Room A1-141. If you're outside office hours, please leave the ID card in the mail slot attached to the door. There is a $20 fee for ID cards that are not returned.
|Finding Room A1-141 - BC Children's Hospital Research Institute Operations is located on the ground floor of Translational Research Building. The easiest way to find the office is to go down the main corridor linked to the atrium (past the reception area) and take the elevator to the 1st floor. Turn left out of the elevator and through the double doors going outside the building. Once outside turn left towards the shipping/receiving bay, the main door is propped open during business hours. Room A4-141 is around the corner on the left. |