Identification cards must be obtained by all new volunteers, students and trainees and must be made visible at all times when on the Oak Street Campus. Identification cards are the property of PHSA and MUST BE RETURNED to the BC Children's Hospital Research Institute Facilities Office (Room A1-141) at the end of the term.
New Process: IDs now expire every one (1) year for trainees/staff and every five (5) years for PIs/Directors.
Please make note of your ID expiry date and add a reminder to your calendar.
- One month prior to your ID card expiring, submit a ticket for Access Card Issues and Access Card Changes at https://support.cfri.ca/
- If you do not know when your ID will expire, submit a ticket for Access Card Issues and Access Card Changes at https://support.cfri.ca/
- If your ID has expired, contact Mary Anne at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your ID badge number (on the back of the card) to have the card reactivated
Need to make changes to your access requirements or reactivate an ID Badge? Visit https://support.cfri.ca/, under 'Building Management/Operations Request' select 'Access Card Issues and Access Card Changes.' You will need the ID numbers found on the back of the ID Badge.
Requesting an ID Badge
Please note the website below (https://support.cfri.ca/) is a secured site. To access you must be on the Oak Street Campus or have a BC Children's Hospital Research Institute/PHSA Login. A research community member will need to help you facilitate the request.
- Visit https://support.cfri.ca/, go to ‘ID and Security Access Request Form’ and download the ‘Photo ID Request Form’
- Complete the form fields (no need to print the form), go back to https://support.cfri.ca/ and upload the form to ‘BC Children's Hospital Research Institute ID and Security Request Form’
- The person that submitted the request on your behalf will be notified when the paperwork has been processed (paperwork is usually reviewed on Monday mornings)
- Once the paperwork has been processed, you will need to report to Room A1-141 to have the ID Photo taken. Photos are taken Tuesdays, 9:00-11:30am and Thursdays, 1:30-3:00pm.
- The form and picture will then be sent offsite. The final ID will be delivered to Room A1-141 within 5 business days. The person that submitted the request on your behalf will be notified when the badge is ready for pick-up. If time is of concerns, a limited supply of temporary ID badges are available and can be issued when the photo is taken.
|Finding Room A1-141 - BC Children's Hospital Research Institute Operations is located on the ground floor of Translational Research Building. The easiest way to find the office is to go down the main corridor linked to the atrium (past the reception area) and take the elevator to the 1st floor. Turn left out of the elevator and through the double doors going outside the building. Once outside turn left towards the shipping/receiving bay, the main door is propped open during business hours. Room A4-141 is around the corner on the left. |