- Clinical Investigator, BC Children's Hospital Research Institute
- Clinical Professor, Division of Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, University of British Columbia
- Program Director, Sub Specialty Program in Pediatric Cardiology, University of British Columbia
Degrees / Designations
MD, FRCPC, FACC, FAAP
Secondary Area(s) of Research
Room 1F14, 4480 Oak Street
Vancouver, BC V6H 3V4
- Clinical pediatric cardiology
- Cardiac catheterization
I have a primary interest in clinical patient care involving children and adolescents with congenital heart disease. I am also in charge of both undergraduate and post MD sub-specialty training for our sub-specialty at UBC. My focus has been in the area of echocardiography (cardiac ultrasound) and cardiac catheterization.
I am primarily involved with students/residents in facilitating their case reports and research efforts.
- Sanatani S, Duncan W, Chan S.: The challenge of diagnosing arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy in the young. Pediatr Cardiol. 2008 Jul;29(4):800-3.
- Duncan AW, Mawson JB, Duncan WJ.: Left ventricular diverticulum in an infant with pentalogy of Cantrell. Cardiol Young. 2008 Jun;18(3):355.
- Walmsley R, Hishitani T, Sandor GS, Urn KI, Duncan WJ, Tessier FM, Farquharson DF and Potts JE. Diagnosis and outcome of dextrocardia diagnosed in the fetus. Am J Cardiol. 2004; 94:141-143.
- Wong KK, Farquharson DF and Duncan WJ. Unguarded tricuspid orifice in the fetus. Cardiol Young. 2004; 14:3.
- Khoshhal S, Sandor GS, Duncan WJ. Pulmonary atresia with intact ventricular septum and antenatal heart failure. Cardiol Young. 2004;14:1-3.
- Duncan WJ, LeBlanc J, Human D. Intra-operative stent placement following a surgical coronary artery injury in child. Cardiol Young. 2004; 14:93-95.
- Bradley TJ, Human DG, Culham JA, Duncan WJ, Patterson MW, LeBlanc JG and Sett SS. Clipped tube fenestration after extracardiac Fontan allows for simple transcatheter coil occlusion. Ann Thorac Surg. 2003; 76:1923-28.
- Spaetgens RL, Duncan WJ, Taylor GP. Supravalvar aortic stenosis with supravalvar pulmonary stenosis and peripheral vascular stenoses. Cardiol Young. 2002 May; 12(3):290-3.
- Kei O, Duncan W, Human D. Pulmonary arterial and intracranial calcification in the recipient of twin-twin transfusion. Cardiol Young. 2002; 12:488-90.
- Finley JP, Beland MJ, Boutin C, Duncan WJ, Dyck JD, Hosking MC, Nykanen D. A national network for the education of Canadian residents in pediatric cardiology. Cardiol Young. 2001 Sept; 11(5):526-31.
Honours & Awards
- Teacher of the Year, BC Children's Hospital - 2001