The Research Coordinator, Laboratory Services:
- Provides overall information regarding study set-up through C&W laboratory.
- Sets up laboratory services to support individual research studies
- Establishes project files and test panels for tracking in lab information systems
- Provides and assists with study costing and invoicing
- Liaises with investigators to design study request forms as needed for collection procedures, labelling, computer log-in, sample handling/processing and shipment.
Approval is required if a clinical research project requires laboratory services. A Laboratory Protocol Review consists of cost analysis, impact on laboratory workload and approval by the appropriate Team Lead(s), Section Head(s) and including the Medical Director of C&W Laboratories.
Time is required to review a research protocol and to be able to discuss and clarify the required pathology operational requirements, and it is always appreciated when investigators allow 2-3 weeks for this process.
Additional set-up time of 3-4 weeks could be required to establish collection procedures and obtain requisitions, sample collection kits and sample processing and shipping instructions.
The following documents are required for the review submission:
The Laboratory Protocol Review should be submitted to the Research Coordinator, Laboratory Services.
Additional set-up time of 2-3 weeks is required to establish collection procedures and obtain requisitions, sample collection kits and sample handling instructions.
Costs for laboratory services for clinical studies are outlined in the attached Laboratory Fee Schedule and Study Fees Description.
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Services
Room 2J28, Second Floor, BC Children’s Hospital
email@example.com | 604-875-2000 ext. 7989