Health Information Management
The Health Information management (HIM) Manager or Supervisor:
- Signs off on the Resource Utilization Form needed for institutional ethics approval.
- Determines if there are costs associated with chart retrieval.
The HIM Research Clerk:
- Retrieves and organizes charts for approved studies. Researcher must provide MRNs, names, and dates of charts requested.
- Orients researchers on how to access charts in the department.
- Principal Investigators must submit a copy of the institutional certificate and REB approval before the HIM Research Clerk can start chart retrieval.
- Charts can take up to 2-3 weeks for retrieval. Charts will only be held for 30 days for a researcher, unless the researcher and HIM have agreed otherwise.
Rita Rafanan, Supervisor
email@example.com | 604-875-3154
Qi Ryan Zhang, Research Clerk
firstname.lastname@example.org | 604-875-6696