Types of Contracts
There are a number of types of research agreements that investigators at BC Children's Hospital might enter into:
Industry-Sponsored Clinical Trial Agreements
- A Research Assistant sends the following to Rina Saguin, BC Children's Hospital Research Finance Assistant, at email@example.com (604-875-2000 x3175):
- BCCHR Clinical Trial Checklist (CTA) form
- sponsor's budget
- internal budget
- UBC Research Project Information From (RPIF) signed by the Principal Investigator and Department Head
- Rina Saguin obtains Wyeth Wasserman's signature on the RPIF form and forwards documents for review and negotiation with the sponsor:
- contract negotiation: Yasmin Diaz, Manager, Clinical Research Agreements at UILO.
- budget negotation: Mike Gottenbos, Finance Manager at BCCHR.
- Rina Saguin sends the approved CTA to the Research Assistant.
- The Research Assistant obtains a signature from the Principal Investigator and returns the signed CTA to Rina Saguin.
- Rina Saguin coordinates institutional and sponsor signatures on the final contract and forwards a copy of the final executed CTA to all parties, including the Research Assistant and Principal Investigator.
Confidential Disclosure Agreements
- A Research Assistant sends the Confidential Disclosure Agreement (CDA) to Rina Saguin, BCCHR Finance Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org (604-875-2000 x3175). Note: include contact info for the sponsor's contract negotiator.
- The BCCHR Finance Assistant forwards the CDA for review and negotiation to Harmony Ho, Industry Contracts Officer at the University-Industry Liaison Office (UILO), at email@example.com (604-822-0892).
- The Research Assistant obtains a signature from the investigator and returns the CDA to Rina Saguin.
- Rina Saguin obtains a signature from Wyeth Wasserman and sends the completed CDA to the Research Assistant.
To check the status of your CTA, please contact: Monday-Wednesday:
Industry-Sponsored Research Contracts Assistant
Manager, Clinical Research Agreements
To check the status of your CTA budget, please contact:
Phone: 604-875-2000 x3567