Grant Application Processing
The Research Services Office of BC Children's Hospital Research Institute coordinates the processing of all applications or requests by investigators for external funding for research and other projects. These applications require signatures by the Faculty of Medicine and Director of Research Services, University of British Columbia (UBC).
As of January 1, 2014: UBC has introduced a new Research Project Information Form and new internal deadline for processing grant applications. This new policy includes:
All applications must be accompanied by a Research Project Information Form. All applications or proposals for external funding for research and other projects must be signed in the following order by:
New Research Project Information Form: All research grant applications and contracts must be accompanied by a Research Project Information Form, on which the applicant summarizes their budget in terms of total cash requested and the appropriate indirect costs amount. This form replaces all Faculty-based cover sheets. To assist researchers to calculate ICRs, a budget calculator and other resources are available on the UBC Vice-President, Research & International website.
New timeline for Institutional Signatures: All grant applications submitted to ORS must adhere to a minimum 2 working day internal deadline. Please visit the UBC Office of Research Services (ORS) website for more information.
The Principal applicant and co-applicant(s)
- Academic Department Head or the on-site Departmental Designate
- Dr. Wyeth Wasserman, UBC Faculty of Medicine Associate Dean, Research, BC Children's Hospital Research Institute (or designate)
- Dr. Martin Kirk, Director, Office of Research Services, UBC (or designate)
With all proper documentation, the Office of Research Services will coordinate the collection of the final two signatures listed above.
Application packages should include:
All submissions can be brought to:
Nur Eisma, Manager
UBC Office of Research Services
BC Children's Hospital Research Institute
Room A2-142, 938 West 28 Avenue
Vancouver, BC V5Z 4H4
This signature policy applies equally to:
- Funding requests for new projects
- Requests for renewal or supplemental funding for existing projects
- Requests made by letter or by written proposal as well as those prepared on pre-printed forms
- All faculty awards and fellowships
- Postdoctoral fellowships
- All graduate or undergraduate scholarships & fellowships that will include a research allowance
Salary Support Awards
Applications for faculty salary support awards must be signed by the UBC Faculty of Medicine Dean (designate signatures are not accepted). Please refer to the BC Children's Hospital Research Institute Funding Opportunities for additional information on faculty salary awards.
For more information contact:
Bryan Wong, Database Analyst & Grant Applications Officer
Faculty of Medicine, Research, UBC