Histology Core Lab
The Histology Core Lab is outfitted with state-of-the-art automated equipment that provides fast turnaround times. One of the key features of the lab is a tissue processor that can process up to 300 samples at one time. This processor has 15 reagent bottles, which are designed for less evaporation. The core lab is located in room A4-132 of the translational research building.
The Histology Core Lab provides:
- Histology consumables (blades, slides, chemicals)
- Training on core lab equipment (e.g. microtome and cryostat)
- Protocol optimization
- Troubleshooting advice
- Do-it-yourself services
- Free equipment booking
Imaging Suite: One Stop Microscopy Shop
Located on the fourth floor in the new translational research building at A4-110, the Research Institute’s Imaging Suite is designed to provide dark workspaces for precise and sensitive microscopy imaging techniques.
The Imaging Core Lab has bundled three powerful microscopes and one image data analysis computer to provide our investigators with a centralized imaging shop.
- The innermost suite A4-110C houses two unique microscopy stations:
- The middle suite A4-110B houses Olympus BX61 Fluorescence and Bright Field Microscope.
- The closet houses image analysis PC with Image Pro 6.2 (also installable through the Research Institute network), Leica LAS AF offline and free software of ImageJ(Fiji).
In collaboration with CMMT, we also provide imaging service using:
To receive training/assistance or book time, visit the Imaging Suite at room A4-110A, email Dr. Jingsong Wang at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-875-2000 ext. 7564.
The Histology and Imaging Core Facilities are funded by BC Children’s Hospital Foundation, BC Children's Hospital Research Institute, Canada Foundation for Innovation, BC Knowledge Development Fund, University of British Columbia.
For more information or inquiries, contact email@example.com
To book the equipment or submit a service order, create your user profile on our online booking system at https://bcch-cts.calpendo.com/ and submit your grant authorization here for billing: https://rc.bcchr.ca/redcap/surveys/?s=9YP78F9JTT