Grade 10-12 students from across the Lower Mainland are eligible to participate in the Research Open House but must be selected by a teacher to attend this event as per the Registration Guidelines below.
It is important to note that BC Children's Hospital is a working health care research facility. While onsite, students will be encouraged to participate in supervised research activities and should be comfortable around a variety of samples and specimens in a clinical laboratory environment.
To ensure the safety of those onsite all participants must meet the minimum requirements for Personal Protective Equipment, this includes pants (skirts, long socks, nylons and leggings are not appropriate) and closed-toed shoes (sandals and mesh shoes are not appropriate).
- Students in grades 10-12 must be nominated by a teacher to attend this event. Students cannot register themselves
- **New for 2019** Each school can register a maximum of 3 students to attend. This event can only accommodate 150 students across the Lower Mainland.
- To complete the nomination form the teacher will require the student's name, grade and email address
- Nominations will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis. As space is limited, not all nominations will be guaranteed a seat
- Information on this event has been sent to both science and career teachers, so please discuss potential nominations with each other and select one teacher to submit the school's nominations
- Teacher are invited but not required to attend. If you're interested in attending you will be asked to indicate so on the Nomination Form
- There is no registration cost for teachers or students and lunch is provided
- This event is very popular, we encourage teachers to register schools shortly after registration opens.
The nomination form will be available here on Monday, February 3 at 4:00 pm.
To be added to the wait-list contact email@example.com
How does the wait-list work?
The Research Open House is limited to 150 participants. Once registration reaches maximum capacity additional students are added to the wait-list and contacted directly if space becomes available before the event. Typically, this event has an extensive wait-list of students. If you're no longer planning to attend, please advise us as soon as possible so someone is able to take your spot.
For any questions or concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.