Students working with Jesse Spink, Creative Director of Ayogo Media
News & Media
"A made in B.C. initiative is allowing kids to join the fight against childhood obesity." Elaine Yong reports for Global News.
The KidsCan project and its showcase project, MobileKids, were featured in the Ottawa Citizen, the National Post, the Montreal Gazette, the Windsor Star, the Saskatoon Star-Phoenix, the Regina Leader-Post, the Edmonton Journal, the Calgary Herald, the Vancouver Sun and Province:
- Electronic game to get overweight youngsters moving to be tested at B.C. schools, hospitals (Postmedia News)
With the help of the KidsCan Advisors, an independently-produced article was created to summarize the project’s major milestones in 2013. Read the article.
The project was also featured in the Research Institute’s newsletter.
The project has been selected for presentations and workshops at international academic and healthcare & technology conferences.
- Carmel, CA, January 2014: Poster Presentation
- San Francisco, CA, April 2014: Oral Presentation and game/sensor demo
- Toronto, ON, May 2014: Workshop presentation and game/sensor demo
- Vancouver, BC, May 2014: Booth Presentation
The KidsCan project has also been featured on the Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research website.For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To consult with the KidsCan Youth Advisory Group, please use this form.
For more information on KidsCan, send us an email.
For those interested in joining the Advisory Group, leave us a note using this form!