For the latest publications, please see Dr. Norman’s ORCID profile.
1. Samiedaluie S, Peterson S, Brant R, Kaczorowski J, Norman WV. Validating abortion procedure coding in British Columbia administrative database. BMC Health Services Research 2016 16:255. DOI: 10.1186/s12913-016-1485-4.
2. Norman WV, Soon J.A. Requiring physicians to dispense mifepristone: an unnecessary limit on safety and access for medical abortion. CMAJ 2016 Dec 6 188:E429-E430 PMID: 27754893.
3. Wong E, Leslie JJT, Soon JA, Norman WV. Measuring interprofessional competencies and attitudes among health professional students creating family planning virtual patient cases. BMC Medical Education 2016 Oct 19;16(1):273.
4. Norman WV, Mazza D. Calling a Spade a Spoon: Are non-American donors likely to need the same “reshaping” of terms for International Family Planning? World Health and Population. 2016 Sept 17(1): 21-25. doi:10.12927/whp.2016.25040.
5. Troskie C, Soon J, Albert A, Norman, WV. Regulatory approval time for hormonal contraception in Canada, the United States and the United Kingdom, 2000-2015: a retrospective data analysis. CMAJ Open. 2016 Nov 3. 4:4. DOI: 10.9778/cmajo.20160017.
6. Rieb LM, Norman WV, Martin RE, Berkowitz J, Wood E, McNeil R, Milloy MJ. Withdrawal-associated injury site pain (WISP): A descriptive case series of an opioid cessation phenomenon. PAIN 2016 Dec; 157(12):2865-2874.
7. Henning PA, Burgess, CK Jones, HE, Norman WV. The effects of asking a fertility intention question in primary care settings: a systematic review protocol. Syst Rev. 2017 Jan 19;6(1):11. doi: 10.1186/s13643-017-0412-z. PMID: 28103918.
8. Norman WV, Downie J. Abortion care in Canada is decided between a woman and her doctor, without recourse to criminal law. BMJ. 2017 March 24. http://www.bmj.com/content/356/bmj.j1506.full.
9. Asgharpour M, Villareal S, Schummers L, Hutcheon J, Shaw D, Norman, WV. Inter-pregnancy interval and pregnancy outcomes among women with delayed childbearing: Protocol for a systematic review. Syst Rev. 2017 Apr 8;6(1):75. doi: 10.1186/s13643-017-0464-0.
10. Black A, Guilbert E, Costescu, D, Dunn S, Fisher W, Kives S, Mirosh M, Norman WV, et al. Canadian Contraception Consensus Guidelines No. 329-(Part 4 of 4) Chapter 9: Combined Hormonal Contraception. ). J Obstet Gynaecol Can 2017 Apr;39(4): 229-268.e5.
11. Norman WV, Dickens BM. Abortion by telemedicine: an equitable option for Irish women. BMJ. 2017 May 16. doi: 10.1136/bmj.j2011
12. Strong MJ, Busing N, Goosney DL, Harris K, Horsley T, Kuzyk A, Lingard L, Norman WV, Rosenblum ND, Saryeddine T, Wang X. The rising challenge of training the Physician Scientist: Recommendations of the Canadian Consensus Conference. Academic Medicine. 2017 Aug 16. doi: 10.1097/ACM.0000000000001857.
13. Burgess CK, Henning PA, Norman WV, Manze MG, Jones HE. A systematic review of the effect of reproductive intention screening in primary care settings on reproductive health outcomes. Family Practice (Accepted manuscript, 2017 Aug 11).
14. Jones HE, O'Connell White K, Norman WV, Guilbert E, Lichtenberg, ES, Paul, M. First trimester medication abortion practice in the United States and Canada. PLoS One (Accepted Manuscript, 2017 Sept xx)
15. Burgess C, Henning P, Norman WV, Manzed M, & H, Jonesa. A systematic review of the effect of reproductive intention screening in primary care settings on reproductive health outcomes. Family Practice, 2017, 1–10.