BC Children's Hospital Research Institute is pleased to congratulate the recipients of the 2018 Outstanding Achievement Awards and the 2018 BCCHR Studentships and Fellowships.
The Scholars of Excellence Program provides exceptional individuals an opportunity to generate an innovative and independent research program under the mentorship of researchers based at BC Children’s Hospital Research Institute.
The program provides applicants with a generous stipend for three to five years, access to research facilities and support while obtaining rigorous mentorship to foster their early career development as child health researchers.
- We welcome applicants with an exceptional track record who will have completed a PhD or MD less than two years from program start date (July 2019-January 2020). Applicants with more than two years post-PhD or MD due to a career delay or interruption (family or health reasons), or for dedicated clinical training (residency and/or fellowship) will have their eligibility window extended on a case-by-case basis
- The applicant must not hold an academic/faculty position, nor can they be on leave from such a position
- The applicant may be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or foreign citizen
- The applicant must not be a BCCHR member before the award start date (no internal applicants)
- The applicant will be appointed as a postdoctoral or clinical fellow at UBC at the time the award is taken up
Applicants are encouraged to identify a proposed mentor before applying. Visit our Researchers page to learn more about our investigators and research areas.
Award recipients will be provided with a salary of $70,000/year plus benefits (Extended Health Plan, Dental Plan and Employee and Family Assistance Program) and up to $5,000 to cover approved moving expenses. In addition, a maximum of $10,000/year is available to fellows for research-related expenses and up to $3,000/year is available for travel expenses to attend conferences in the first two years of the award.
We are not currently accepting applications for the Scholars of Excellence Program.
Stay tuned for 2019 application details.
For more information on the application process, please contact email@example.com.