BC Children's Hospital Research Institute features facilities in the heart of Vancouver that locate researchers close to leading-edge health care organizations serving children and families from around the province.
Over 1,000 researchers are affiliated with BC Children's Hospital Research Institute. This includes more than 330 principal investigators and more than 335 postdoctoral fellows, PhD students and Masters students.
Our researchers currently hold:
- 13 Canada Research Chairs
- 3 BC Leadership Research Chairs
- 18 national investigator and clinician-scientist awards
- 19 Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research career investigator awards
Our investigators produced 738 publications in 2015 – 2016.
The Research Institute is supported by BC Children's Hospital Foundation and works in close partnership with:
- BC Children's Hospital and Sunny Hill Health Centre for Children
- The Provincial Health Services Authority and its agencies
- The University of British Columbia
Our Research Themes
Last updated February 3, 2017. "Our Achievements" updated January 14, 2016.