BC Children's Hospital Research Institute features facilities in the heart of Vancouver that locate researchers close to leading-edge health care organizations serving children and families from around the province.
The Research Institute is supported by BC Children's Hospital Foundation and works in close partnership with BC Children's Hospital and Sunny Hill Health Centre for Children, the Provincial Health Services Authority and its agencies, and the University of British Columbia.
Over 1,000 researchers are affiliated with BC Children's Hospital Research Institute. This includes more than 75 postdoctoral fellows, 150 PhD students and 90 Masters students who are currently enrolled in our Research Education program.
Our researchers currently hold:
- 13 Canada Research Chairs
- 3 BC Leadership Research Chairs
- 18 national investigator and clinician-scientist awards
- 19 Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research career investigator awards
Our investigators produced 738 publications in 2015 – 2016.
The Research Institute works in close partnership with:
- BC Children's Hospital Foundation
- BC Children's Hospital and Sunny Hill Health Centre for Children
- The Provincial Health Services Authority and its agencies
- The University of British Columbia
Our Research Themes
Last updated January 13, 2017. "Our Achievements" updated January 14, 2016.