At BC Children's Hospital, we foster a multidisciplinary, collaborative environment for our community of more than 350 principal investigators and their research teams. We cultivate ongoing research innovations by nurturing new and future independent researchers. Almost 400 trainees (masters and doctoral students, postdoctoral fellows and research associates) from around the world work with our established investigators.
In a joint effort with our partner academic institutes, BC Children’s Hospital Research Institute is recruiting new faculty in a variety of research areas:
- Head of the Childhood Diabetes Research Laboratories
The Head of the Childhood Diabetes Research Laboratories will provide oversight, leadership, and strategic guidance for diabetes research at the BC Children’s Hospital Research Institute (BCCHR), and will play an integral role in the success of research within BC Children’s Hospital. A creative and visionary leader, the Head of the Childhood Diabetes Research Laboratories works with outstanding clinicians, scientists and members of the community to build diabetes research capacity at BCCHR, promote collaborative interactions within the Diabetes Research Program and with other BCCHR research programs, and foster the training and development of current and future diabetes researchers. The Head of the Childhood Diabetes will further interactions with partners (e.g. University of British Columbia (UBC), BC Children’s Hospital Foundation (BCCHF), the Canucks for Kids Fund (CFKF), and other research units within the Provincial Health Services Authority), and is expected to nurture strategic relationships with other provincial, national, and international organizations.
View the role description [Word document]
How to apply
Applications should include the following, compiled as a single continuous PDF file:
- a cover letter that clearly identifies administrative experience, including a statement of the candidate’s philosophy or approach to leadership;
- an up-to-date curriculum vitae;
Please submit to:
Dr. KS Joseph MD, PhD
Chair, Search Committee for the Head of the Childhood Diabetes Research Laboratories
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
School of Population and Public Health
University of British Columbia
c/o Carolyne Bliss
Email: email@example.com with subject line: Head of the Childhood Diabetes Research Laboratories
Review of applications will begin on June 21, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled.
Want to learn more about BC Children's Hospital Research Institute?
- Read our Fact Sheet and learn about our research structure to find out how we're serving children and families in BC and beyond, advancing discovery and improving care.
- Meet our leadership, partners and 350+ Principal Investigators who are saving and transforming lives.
- Read our 2016-2021 Strategic Plan and learn how we are developing new areas of strength and pursuing unique opportunities.
- Find out how our dedicated and specialized support staff and state-of-the-art facilities and technology help our researchers innovate and achieve.