BC Children’s Hospital investigator Dr. Kyla Hildebrand not only conducts research in the area of allergy and clinical immunology, but this clinical assistant professor in the Department of Pediatrics in the Faculty of Medicine at the University of British Columbia is also well known for her leadership in undergraduate and postgraduate medical education.
Participate in Mini Med School when it works for you! On-Demand participants will be emailed the link for accessing Mini Med School presentations after the live sessions each week.
As a Mini Med School On-Demand participant, you would:
- Have the flexibility to watch lectures based on your own schedule. You will have up to 7 days to stream the 2-hour lecture once it is posted:
- Session #1: Friday, October 9 to Friday, October 16
- Session #2: Friday, October 16 to Friday, October 23
- Session #3: Friday, October 23 to Friday, October 30
- Session #4: Friday, October 30 to Friday, November 6
- Receive a weekly newsletters to keep you informed on program updates
- Be able to submit questions for the Ask a Med Student video series (details coming soon!)
- Be eligible to apply for the Mini Med School Scholarship (grade 12 students only)
- Receive an electronic program completion certificate if you participate in all 4 sessions
Those interested in attending Mini Med School On-Demand must register as per the Registration Guidelines below.
- Everyone is welcome to participate, including high school students in all grades and members of the general public. Please note, the course curriculum has been designed for students in grades 10-12.
- High school students DO NOT need to be nominated by a teacher to register to participate in Mini Med School On-Demand. Students can register themselves by the deadline.
- On-Demand registration has no limit to the number of students per school that can attend (unlike Mini Med School Live that is restricted to 3 students per school). Students are also eligible to attend even if their school already has students participating in Mini Med School Live.
- The registration form will be available online on Wednesday, September 23. To complete the form, you will need to provide your name and email address. High school students will also require a school name, grade, and the contact name/email address for a parent or guardian.
- Registration will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis. As space is limited to 300 participants, not all registrations will be eligible to participate.
- As this event is very popular, we encourage you to register as soon as the registration form is available.
The registration form will be available here starting Wednesday, September 23 at 3:30 pm.
For questions contact email@example.com.