Participate in Mini Med School when it works for you! On-Demand participants will be emailed the link for accessing Mini Med School presentations after the live sessions each week.
Mini Med School On-Demand is a recording of the Mini Med School Live session held earlier in the week; it is not in real-time. Students participating On-Demand will not have the opportunity to engage or ask questions directly to the presenters. Participating On-Demand is like watching a video on YouTube.
As a Mini Med School On-Demand participant, you would:
- Have the flexibility to watch lectures based on your own schedule. You will have up to 10 days to stream the 2-hour lecture once it is posted:
- Session #1: Friday, October 8 to Sunday, October 17
- Session #2: Friday, October 15 to Sunday, October 24
- Session #3: Friday, October 22 to Sunday, October 31
- Session #4: Friday, October 29 to Sunday, November 7
- Receive a weekly newsletter to keep you informed on program updates
- Be eligible to apply for the Mini Med School Scholarship (grade 12 students only)
- Receive an electronic program completion certificate if you participate in all 4 sessions
The Mini Med School course curriculum has been designed for a senior high school audience. With only 4 evenings to explore new scientific concepts, participants should expect a fast-paced virtual learning environment. Similar to a postsecondary seminar, Mini Med School is lecture-based with content building on previously introduced ideas. Some students may find this format challenging, so we encourage you to consider your preferred learning style before deciding to participate.
Those interested in attending Mini Med School On-Demand must register as per the Registration Guidelines below.
- Attendees in BC are welcome to participate, including high school students in all grades and members of the general public. Please note, the course curriculum has been designed for students in grades 10-12.
- High school students DO NOT need to be nominated by a teacher to register to participate in Mini Med School On-Demand. Students can register themselves by the deadline.
- On-Demand registration has no limit to the number of students per school that can attend (unlike Mini Med School Live that is restricted to 3 students per school). Students are also eligible to attend even if their school already has students participating in Mini Med School Live.
- Further space is available for students who identify as First Nations, Inuit, or Métis. Participants will be asked to self-identify as Indigenous on the registration form.
- The registration form will be available online on Thursday, September 23 at 4:00 pm. To complete the form, you will need to provide your name and email address. High school students will also require a school name, grade, and the contact name/email address for a parent or guardian.
- Registration will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis. As space is limited to 300 participants, not all registrations will be eligible to participate.
- As this event is very popular, we encourage you to register as soon as the registration form is available.