The Mini Med School Scholarships provide funding to support postsecondary studies for well-motivated students with records of exceptional academic achievement.
Congratulations to Solaya Dofher, Isabel Huang and Maya Kennedy, recipients of Dr. Leanne Dahlgren Memorial Scholarships for Mini Med School 2020! Read More
To be eligible to apply for the Mini Med School Scholarship you must:
- Be a grade 12 student currently enrolled at a BC private or public school graduating in 2022
- Have been nominated to attend Mini Med School Live or registered to attend Mini Med School On-Demand, and
- Have participated in all 4 Mini Med School 2021 sessions (attendance for sessions will be tracked by program organizers).
A complete application for the Mini Med School Scholarship includes the following:
- Mini Med School Scholarship Application Form - See below
- High School Transcript - This should include your most up-to-date grades. This can either be the unofficial transcript issued by the Ministry of Education or any type of transcript provided by your school
- Letter of Support - This can come from any teacher at your school and should be 1-2 pages long
- Short Essay - In 500 words or less (approximately a one-page word document, single spaced), answer the following question:
Identify one topic area that was introduced in this series which was particularly captivating for you. Identify the key questions that the presentation led you to ask and describe what you have learned in attempting to answer these questions on your own.
Up to 3 Mini Med School Scholarships of $1,000 will be awarded. Award applications will be assessed by the Mini Med School awards committee based on the following criteria:
- Scholarly success: Academic achievement, awards and honours
- Community engagement: Volunteer services, work experience and extracurricular achievements
- Mini Med School Scholarship application form and essay
- Recommendation letter from a teacher
Click here to complete the application form and submit the application package (i.e. Transcript, Resume, Letter of Support and Short Essay).
The application must be submitted by Friday, January 7, 2022.
For questions or concerns, please contact email@example.com.
I'm currently enrolled in grade 11. Can I apply for the Mini Med Scholarship next year if I attended Mini Med School 2020? No. To be eligible to apply for the scholarship, you will need to attend Mini Med School 2021 as a grade 12 student.
Can I apply without knowing what school or field of study I plan to pursue? Yes. On the application form you will be asked to outline your future plans, but we understand changes happen.
Do I have to be enrolled at a BC high school to be eligible? Yes. To be eligible to apply you must be enrolled at a BC-based high school.
What is the minimum GPA required to apply? We don't have a minimum GPA requirement, but award applications will be partially assessed on academic success.
If I plan to take a gap year before after high school, am I still eligible to apply? Yes, but you will need to be clear about your future plans.
How many applications for the Mini Med School Scholarship do you receive each year? How competitive is this program? In 2020 we received 28 applications for the Mini Med School Scholarship. 3 scholarships of $1,000 were awarded.
How does the 2021 Mini Med School Scholarship differ from the previous Mini Med School Summer Studentship? Previously, the Mini Med School Summer Studentship provided students with the opportunity to work at BC Children's Hospital on a specific research project. With the COVID-19 situation continuing to evolve, we decided to act with an abundance of caution and cancel the 2022 Summer Studentship. Instead, the Mini Med School Scholarship program provides funding for postsecondary studies.
For other questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.