BC Children's Hospital Research Institute is coming to the Kootenays!
For the first time, BC Children’s Hospital Research Institute will be coming to the Kootenays!
Join us and explore the newest discoveries and innovations in health research | Event Poster
Want to learn more? BC Children's Hospital Research Institute treks to the Kootenays
In May 2023, you will have two ways you can participate:
- Option #1: MINI SCIENCE NIGHT: Are you a Kootenays community member interested in uncovering the latest research discoveries in BC?
Thursday, May 4, 2023 | 6:00 - 7:30 pm
Castlegar Public Library, 1005 3rd Street, Castlegar
At Mini Science Night, you’ll learn about the latest in leading-edge health research. As a participant, you will:
- Hear from award-winning researchers and health professionals on advancements in their fields
- Explore the diverse careers available in science and medicine
- Connect with members of your community
Admission is free but space is limited. Everyone in the community is welcome to register. This includes students, teachers, parents, seniors and local healthcare professionals.
- Option #2: MINI MED SCHOOL: Are you a grade 10-12 student with a passion for science and health research?
Friday, May 5, 2023 | 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
Prestige Lakeside Resort, 701 Lakeside Drive, Nelson
At Mini Med School, you’ll join researchers for a day of presentations and hands-on activities to explore the newest advances in health research. As a participant you will:
- Engage with world-class researchers and health professionals
- Perform hands-on science while investigating the latest medical research happening in B.C.
- Gain a clearer picture of what it means to be a researcher and healthcare professional
- Network with like-minded students from across the Kootenays
Admission is free but space is limited. Registration is restricted to grade 10-12 students.
What is Mini Med School BC? Each year, this travelling program gives students from different BC regions the opportunity to interact with BC Children's Hospital researchers and clinicians. We use big ideas, big discoveries and big names to explore health research topics. For any questions please contact email@example.com.