Building momentum for Canadian impact in global health
Date: Thursday, January 24, 2019
Join multidisciplinary expert speakers and panelists from across the greater UBC community and beyond to emphasize Canada's commitment to global health.
View the full invitation here.
Keynote: The Role of Universities in Global Health with Dr. Keith Martin, Executive Director, Consortium of Universities for Global Health (CUGH)
Conference Co-chairs: Dr. Gina Ogilvie and Dr. Mark Ansermino
Panel 1: Moderated by Dr. Keith Martin: “The Role of Institutions in Global Health”
Panel 2: “Students in Global Health”
Panel 3: Moderated by Mark Ansermino, Director, CICH: “Implementing Innovation in Global Health”
The event will include a panel discussion, a student poster competition, and networking opportunities with featured global health groups. Lunch will be provided, as well as refreshments at the closing reception.
All students engaged in global health activities are invited to submit their poster to the competition. Deadline for submissions is January 1st, 2019.
Submit your posters here.
For all questions about this competition please contact the CICH.
Global health showcase tables:
A selection of global health groups will also be featured at tables throughout the conference – a detailed list will be released in January 2019.
Do you and your team want to showcase your work with a table at Global Health Conference? Contact Marianne Vidler for more details.
- Emphasize Canada’s commitment to global health
- Provide a valuable learning opportunity for students, faculty, clinicians, and public with a shared interest in health equity and global health
- Develop our global health network and enhance access to the rich global health environment at UBC-BCCHR and beyond
- Bring together people working in global health research, community mobilization, monitoring and evaluation, public policy, funding, innovations and technology
- Advance discussion on the greater UBC community’s role in impacting global health and contributing to meeting the SDG’s
Conference schedule details will be available soon.
Tickets can be purchase online through Eventbrite.
$25 general admission; $10 students (with valid student ID at entry)
Interested in becoming a Global Health Conference 2019 sponsor? Email us.
For all general enquiries please contact Simona Powell.