The BC Children’s Hospital Research Institute offers high school students the opportunity to participate in research education events throughout the year. These events aim to inform students of exciting research discoveries and encourage careers in science and research.
For the most up-to-date information on upcoming public events and other opportunities to get involved in research, sign up for our newsletter.
Interested in volunteering at the BC Children's Hospital Research Institute?
The research institute does not have a formal placement process for students but those interested can get involved in research by volunteering to work with investigators at BC Children's Hospital.
Interested students are encouraged to view the profiles of affiliated investigators and contact the research teams directly about available opportunities. Please note, for safety reasons you must be at least 16 years old to volunteer onsite.
Students interested in learning more more about research may also be interested in the following programs offered in the Lower Mainland:
- Centre for Heart Lung Innovation – Training Program
- UBC Let’s Talk Science - Lecture Series
- BC Cancer Agency – High School Internship
- Science World – Opening the Door
- StemCellTalks - Lecture Series
- Cafe Scientifique - Informal Talks
- Science in Action - Outreach Programs
- Geneskool - Workshops
- RISE - Research in Science Exhibition
- Operation Med School - Conference
- SHAD - Summer Program