We are pleased to congratulate the BC Children's and BC Women's investigators who were awarded funding through the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) Project Grant Spring 2019 competition. Our research community received nine new research and bridge grants totaling more than $5.8 million.
Postdoctoral fellows at BC Children's Hospital have access to world class researchers, state of the art equipment, specialized facilities, funding and research education opportunities.
The research institute is home to more than 200 UBC faculty members who provide supervision and mentorship in a variety of research areas related to improving the health of children and families. To view prospective research supervisors at BC Children's, search our Researchers and contact the research team and UBC's Faculty Relations for information related to the hiring process. The UBC Postdoctoral Fellows Office also offers support for prospective postdocs on the hiring and relocation process.
BC Children's Hospital provides a number of research training awards. These awards are intended
to help promising postdoctoral fellows advance their careers, ensuring future excellence in care and research that improves the health of children and families. Training awards include:
- Scholars of Excellence Program - To provide exceptional individuals an opportunity to generate an innovative and independent research program under the mentorship of researchers based at BC Children’s Hospital Research Institute. $70,000/year
- Postdoctoral Fellowships - For postdoctoral fellows undertaking full time research in any health related research area that has direct relevance to improving the health of children and families. $40,000/year
- Clinical & Translational Research Seed Grants - To promote research collaborations between postdoctoral fellows and clinical trainee/clinical investigators on the Oak Street Campus in clinical and translational research projects.
- Trainee Travel Grants - To assist trainees to travel to prestigious national and international meetings and conferences to present their work, network and learn
- Research Methodology Training Grants - To help defray the costs of travel and living expenses for trainees who wish to participate in specialized training opportunities that are locally unavailable.
- Sponsorship Requests - To support workshops, conferences or other academic events organized by research trainees at BC Children's Hospital