BC Children’s Hospital investigator Dr. Kyla Hildebrand not only conducts research in the area of allergy and clinical immunology, but this clinical assistant professor in the Department of Pediatrics in the Faculty of Medicine at the University of British Columbia is also well known for her leadership in undergraduate and postgraduate medical education.
Engage with researchers and clinicians at BC Children's Hospital in real-time.
**Please note, participation in Mini Med School Live is limited to students in grades 10-12. Students from other grades or the general public are encouraged to register for Mini Med School On-Demand**
As a Mini Med School Live participant, you would:
- Virtually attend ALL the following lectures during the assigned times:
- Session #1: Wednesday, October 7 | 7:00 – 9:00 pm
- Session #2: Wednesday, October 14 | 7:00 – 9:00 pm
- Session #3: Wednesday, October 21 | 7:00 – 9:00 pm
- Session #4: Wednesday, October 28 | 7:00 – 9:00 pm
- Have the opportunity to ask questions directly to the presenters
- Enjoy real-time engagement by responding to polls and trivia questions (prizes will be available!)
- Receive a weekly newsletter to keep you informed on program updates
- Be eligible to apply for the Mini Med School Scholarship (grade 12 students only)
- Receive an electronic program completion certificate if you participate in all 4 sessions
- High school students in BC interested in attending Mini Med School Live must be nominated by their science teacher or career advisor as per the Nomination Guidelines below.
- Nominated students are expected to attend all 4 sessions live (Wednesday, October 7, 14, 21 and 28 from 7:00 – 9:00 pm).
- Attendance will be tracked. This is a popular program for high school students and each year we have an extensive waitlist of interested participants. Students unable to attend a live session are asked to inform us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible, otherwise the virtual seat will be reassigned for the remaining sessions.
Teachers interested in receiving notifications on upcoming events and important registration deadlines are encouraged to join our mailing list. Information is only distributed to mailing list subscribers.
- High school students must be nominated by a teacher to participate in Mini Med School Live. Students cannot nominate themselves.
- Each school can nominate a maximum of 3 students to participate live. Additional students would be eligible to register themselves for Mini Med School On-Demand.
- Nomination forms will be available online in late September. To complete the nomination form, the teacher will require each student's name, grade and email address.
- Nominations will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis. As space is limited to 200 participants, not all nominations will be guaranteed a seat.
- Information on this event has been sent to both science teachers and career advisors, so teachers are encouraged to discuss potential nominations with each other and select one teacher to submit the school's nominations.
- As this event is very popular, we recommend for teachers to nominate students as soon as the nomination form is available.
The student nomination form will be available here on Monday, September 21, 2020 at 3:30 pm.
For questions contact email@example.com.