Engage with researchers and clinicians at BC Children's Hospital in real-time.
**Please note, participation in Mini Med School Live is limited to BC students in grades 10-12. Students from other grades or the general public are encouraged to register for Mini Med School On-Demand**
As a Mini Med School Live participant, you would:
- Virtually attend ALL the following lectures during the assigned times:
- Session #1: Wednesday, October 6 | 7:00 – 9:00 pm
- Session #2: Wednesday, October 13 | 7:00 – 9:00 pm
- Session #3: Wednesday, October 20 | 7:00 – 9:00 pm
- Session #4: Wednesday, October 27 | 7:00 – 9:00 pm
- Have the opportunity to ask questions directly to the presenters
- Receive a weekly newsletter to keep you informed on program updates
- Be eligible to apply for the Mini Med School Scholarship (grade 12 students only)
- Receive an electronic program completion certificate if you participate in all 4 sessions
The Mini Med School course curriculum has been designed for a senior high school audience. With only 4 evenings to explore new scientific concepts, participants should expect a fast-paced virtual learning environment. Similar to a postsecondary seminar, Mini Med School is lecture-based with content building on previously introduced ideas. Some students may find this format challenging, so we encourage you to consider your preferred learning style before deciding to participate.
- High school students in BC interested in attending Mini Med School Live must be nominated by their teacher or career advisor as per the Nomination Guidelines below.
- Nominated students are expected to attend all 4 sessions live (Wednesday, October 6, 13, 20 and 27 from 7:00 – 9:00 pm).
- Attendance will be tracked. This is a popular program for high school students and each year we have an extensive waitlist of interested participants. Students unable to attend a live session are asked to inform us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible, otherwise the virtual seat will be reassigned for the remaining sessions.
Teachers interested in receiving notifications on upcoming events and important registration deadlines are encouraged to join our mailing list. Information is only distributed to mailing list subscribers.
- High school students must be nominated by a teacher to participate in Mini Med School Live. Students cannot nominate themselves.
- Each school can nominate a maximum of 3 students to participate live. Further space is available for schools to nominate students who identify as First Nations, Inuit, or Métis. Teachers, with the permission of the student, will be asked to self-identify the participant as Indigenous on the nomination form.
- Additional students would be eligible to register themselves for Mini Med School On-Demand.
- Nomination forms will be available online Monday, September 20 at 4:00 pm. To complete the nomination form, the teacher will require each student's name, grade and email address.
- Nominations will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis. As space is limited to 200 participants, not all nominations will be guaranteed a seat.
- Information on this event has been sent to both teachers and career advisors, so teachers are encouraged to discuss potential nominations with each other and select one teacher to submit the school's nominations.
- As this event is very popular, we recommend for teachers to nominate students as soon as the nomination form is available.
The Mini Med School Live registration form will be available here on Monday, September 20 at 4:00 pm.
For questions, please contact email@example.com.