MIMI Advisory Board
The Network Advisory Board members have been selected using the following criteria:
- experience providing strategic leadership in global health issues;
- experience providing operational leadership of academic units, non-profit organizations and networks;
- a productive biomedical research program;
- a track-record in securing extramural funding; and
- active engagement in previous advisory roles.
MIMI’s Advisory Board currently consists of the following members:
- Dr. Christopher B. Wilson, Director of the Global Health Discovery Program, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Seattle, Washington; Former Chair, Department of Immunology, University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle, Washington.
- Dr. Cecil Czerkinsky, Deputy Director General for Laboratory Sciences, International Vaccine Institute, Seoul, South Korea; Inventor of the ELISPOT; organized the November 2011 Keystone Symposium on Malnutrition, Gut-Microbial Interactions and Mucosal Immunity to Vaccines.
- Dr. Scott Halperin, Director, Canadian Centre for Vaccinology, IWK Health Centre, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia; Principal Investigator, PHAC-CIHR Influenza Research Network (PCIRN).
- Dr. Benson B.A. Estambale, Professor of Medical Parasitology and Director, Institute of Tropical and Infectious Diseases, University of Nairobi, Kenya.