We are pleased to congratulate the BC Children's and BC Women's investigators who were awarded funding through the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) Project Grant Spring 2019 competition. Our research community received nine new research and bridge grants totaling more than $5.8 million.
High school students in the Lower Mainland interested in attending Mini Med School must be nominated by their science or career teacher as per the Nomination Guidelines below. Students who register as a member of the public will not be given a seat for the series.
Teachers interested in receiving notifications on upcoming events and important registration deadlines are encouraged to join our mailing list. Information is only distributed to mailing list subscribers.
- High school students must be nominated by a teacher to attend this event. Students cannot register themselves. Please note, course curriculum has been designed for students in grades 10-12.
**New for 2019** Each school can register a maximum of 3 students to attend. Any additional student nominations received will be added to a wait list.
- Nomination forms are available online in late September. To complete the nomination form the teacher will require the student's name, grade and email address.
- Nominations will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis. As space is limited, not all nominations will be guaranteed a seat.
- Information on this event has been sent to both science and career teachers so please discuss potential nominations with each other and select one teacher to submit the school's nominations.
- This event is very popular, we encourage teachers to register students as soon as the nomination form is available.
- Teachers are invited, but not required, to attend. Interested teachers must register by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Student Expectations: Nominated students are expected to attend all six sessions (October-November). This is a popular program for high school students across the Lower Mainland and each year we have an extensive wait list of interested participants. Students unable to attend a session are asked to advise us as soon as possible otherwise the seat will be reassigned for the remaining sessions.
The next Mini Med School will be held October-November 2019. Topic and nomination details will be available Spring 2019.
Do you have a number of students interested in attending? Outside the Lower Mainland? Sessions are recorded and available for online viewing within 72 hours. Resources are also available for classroom learning.
Nomination is not required to watch the sessions online. Students who have not attended the series in person are not eligible to apply for the Summer Studentship.