Engage with our inspiring female leaders online in real-time.
- What is required of a Virtually Live participant?
As a Virtually Live participant you would:
- Virtually attend the Women in Science evening on Thursday, February 9 from 7:00 - 8:30 pm. During this time you will hear from six women who are paving the way for research in health sciences.
- Have the opportunity to ask questions directly to the presenters through an online chat.
- If requested, recieve an electronic certificate of attendance.
Access to a computer, tablet or smartphone and a stable internet connection is required to participate Virtually Live.
- Who is eligible to participate?
Registration for Women in Science is open to high school students, university students and members of the general public. People of all genders are welcome.
Some students may find the Women in Science learning format challenging. The curriculum has been designed for a senior high school audience (grades 10-12), we'd recommend anyone younger consider your preferred learning style and comfort level before deciding to register.
- How will you register?
The link to access the registration form will be posted here Monday, January 9, 2023 at 9:00 am to Sunday, January 22, 2023 at 11:59 pm.
To complete the registration form you will be asked to provide the following:
- Your name, city of residents and email address. High school students will also require a grade and school name.
- How you would like to participate: In-Person OR Virtually Live. You may only select ONE method of participation. Each participant may only register once. Space for participating In-Person is limited. Participants not selected to attend the event at BC Children's Hospital will be offered the option to participate Virtually Live.
- How do we select who participates?
To maximize in-person engagement, only 150 participants will be select to participate Virtually Live.
To keep things fair and unbiased for all, participants will be selected based on a lottery draw. All eligible participants who register will have an equal chance of attending.
How will this work?
The registration form will be posted for 14 days from Monday, January 9, 2023 at 9:00 am to Sunday, January 22, 2023 at 11:59 pm. You will have the opportunity to submit the registration form any time during this time. Participant names will then be entered into an online program that randomly selects a requested number of names (similar to drawing names out of a hat).
Selected participants will be contacted to confirm their attendance by Friday, January 27, 2023.
The registration form for Women in Science will be posted here from Monday, January 9 (9:00 am) to Sunday, January 22, 2023 (11:59 pm).
Those interested in receiving notifications about upcoming events and important registration deadlines are encouraged to join our mailing list. Information is only distributed to mailing list subscribers.
Do you have additional questions? Check out our FAQs or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.